- BetterL_v2.1.zip (Drive link)
- Reboot Fix (Drive) (Flash through SP Flash Tool, Select Download only from drop-down menu)
- GravityBox (XDA)
- Drivers (Download | How to install drivers)
- SP Flash Tool (Download)
- Tinted status bar
- External storage as primary storage / default write disk (Storage fix v3)
- Store data of whatsapp, game, backup, etc in external SD card
- Stock launcher with 15 lollipop material wallpapers
- Lollipop icons
- Dolby Digital sound
- Rooted with SuperSU v2.46
- Preinstalled Xposed Installer 3.0 alpha2 with 8 recommended modules
- Amplify, Greenify, BootManager, Battery Calibration for better battery backup
- Haptic feedback disabled in vibration mode
- Google search bar removed from recent apps
- Fixed bootanimation memory leak and color fade memory leak
- Philz recovery as default recovery
- Apps can’t be moved to external SD card as App2SD is not supported in Lollipop 5.0. However you can link apps to external SD card 2nd partition using link2sd app. But link only apk file. Linking dex file may cause bootloop.
- There’s no video call option in dialer. You can video call by using apps like google hangouts, skype, etc.
- Reboot function may power off phone instead of reboot. Remove charger and press power button to power on phone.
Make Backup before flashing:
Step 3: Select MT6582_Android_scatter.txt from downloaded BetterL folder
a) Select Firmware Upgrade from drop-down menu.
Make sure all 11 files are loaded as shown in below screenshot. If any file failed to load automatically then load that file manually by clicking Location (last) column of that file.
b) Remove battery from phone for few seconds then insert battery (Don’t switch on)
c) Click Download button in SP flash tool
d) Connect phone via USB cable in switched off mode
e) Wait for 6-8 minutes to complete flashing.
If phone starts charging battery it means phone is not detected by SP flash tool. Click Stop button in SP flash tool. Remove USB cable. Make sure MediaTek/preloader drivers are installed properly. Reinsert battery, click download then connect phone via USB cable. If still doesn’t respond then try flashing without battery.
Step 5: After successful flashing you’ll see a message with green circle. Now remove USB cable and switch on phone normally by pressing power button. Wait few minutes for 1st boot. Phone may reboot 3-4 times during app optimization.
a. Install GravityBox.apk
b. Open Xposed Installer -> Modules. Select all modules (or which you want to enable)
c. Open Xposed Installer -> Framework and tap Soft reboot. GRANT root permission if asked. Soft reboot is required after enabling/disabling modules.
A. Yes, it can be flashed in both models.Q. How much app storage we’ll get after flashing this ROM?
A. This ROM has shared app storage and Internal SD card. 1.42 GB is allocated for phone storage (shared “app + internal SD”) in 4 GB model out of which 900 MB is available. 4.9 GB is allocated for phone storage in 8 GB model.Q. Can we flash this ROM in Kitkat or Jellybean?
A. Yes you can flash this ROM. There’s no software requirement for flashing this ROM. You can even flash this firmware in soft bricked phone.